Some things I'm want to report:
The main point now is I want to have a Sailfish version soon
Just a year ago I did a first test to port the app to desktop with Qt 5 beta. Soon, I realized that it was unmature so I left early. But after the release of Qt 5.1 and the announcement of the first version, also stable, of QtQuick Controls, I began, in mid August, to create the frontend in QML.
During the last two or three weeks I've been moving files around and changing the project in order to convert it into a QT/QML plugin (or library if you prefer) This will allow to use the file browser on other projects. Currently I've achieved to compile it as a plugin and include into another application (in a desktop environment) but still need a lot of refactoring.